Easy homemade mac and cheese recipe. Creamy, cheesy, rich and super delicious macaroni and cheese recipe.
More Lunch/Dinner recipes:
Shepherd's Pie: http://bit.ly/ShepherdsPieTCF
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo: http://bit.ly/ShrimpFettuccine
Greek Moussaka: http://bit.ly/MoussakaGreek
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio: http://bit.ly/AglioEOlio
Honey Sesame Chicken: http://bit.ly/HoneySesameCh...
My favorite kitchen equipment: https://www.amazon.com/shop...
14oz (400g) macaroni
1 cup )115g) Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup (85g) Gruyere cheese
3/4 cup (85g) Mozzarella cheese
4 tablespoons (30g) Flour
4 tablespoons (60g) Butter
4 cups (1L) Milk
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
2. In a large bowl combine all the cheeses and set aside.
3. Heat large pot of salted water, cook the macaroni to al dente (1-2 minutes less then package instructions).
4. While the pasta is cooking make the sauce: In a large pot, melt the butter, add flour and whisk over medium-low heat. Cook for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually add the milk and whisk until smooth. Cook until slightly thickens, about 5-6 minutes.
5. Gradually add 3/4 of the cheeses to the sauce and whisk until melted after each addition. Season with salt and pepper and mix. If you want to add more additions like bacon, herbs or spices, now it’s the time.
6. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.
7. Transfer to a 12-inch (30cm) round baking dish, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
* serve warm
* you can use any type of cheese that you like
* this is pretty basic version of mac & cheese but you can add topping like bacon, herbs and spices.
Support The Cooking Foodie:
Check out my Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/The...
- you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership: https://www.youtube.com/cha...